Wednesday

Dear Santa

20111214-120837.jpg

Okay the title "Dear Santa..." may only be relevant during the holiday, but the post itself rings true year round

There is nothing more exciting than parcels, packages, and subscriptions delivered safely on my doorstep.

These two packages come from two doll collectors across the pond. One containing the final Couture Savage quest items, bustier, hose, and panties completing my CS refurbishment.

It has taken almost 7 months to find all the items she was intended to own. Buying CS nude was and still is the oldest sybarite in my collection. Photos to follow soon.

My other parcel as well holds a much desired complete set or ensemble. A nude Freeze Frame was the 3rd and final Avant Guard I bought and she is the only one I ended up keeping.

FF is very versatile however a wise woman once shared with me the importance of keeping dolls intact as their creators envisioned them to be.

The very idea of a "repainted Sybarite sends chills down her spine" she exclaimed. However, not passing judgement on those who do.

We all have our own set of rules when enjoying our collections.

For Example: be it talking, selling, buying, photographing, and playing with our dolls basically boils down to one thing- "En-JOYment!"

If you are no longer able to find JOY or can't remember WHY you started to collect? It may be time to store them away, having dealt with this issue myself and my once beloved Barbie collection back 2003.

I don't mean "I lost love for her meaning Barbie" but lost my direction, excitement, and JOY collecting her. Realizing I should have stored my collection a year earlier would have saved me many a frustration, arguments with my partner, and money.

If following any of my blogs you may have read the above more than once posted story before. Sharing the "Good with the Bad" to "Dolly Ups and Downs" is important for the "Newley interested".

My reasons for this blog has nothing to do with traffic or followers, just as collecting "Quality over Quantity" is with dolls. It is my opinion when we post, upload, comment, and/or buy-sell-trade on the Internet and own a website or blog on dolls, owe it to our one to a thousand readers correct information.

My style of blogging can be more personal in nature. Sites with generic descriptions, prices, and stock images serve a purpose, however sharing an opinion coming from someone with "hands on knowledge" plays a key role in making what will ultimately be my decision.

I can't stress enough our responsibility to the doll community and how we share information amongst each other.

In closing, "WHATEVER" reason you have for collecting dolls, try not to forget "WHY" you started and "WHO" this love for will be shared, never to forget the undeniable "excitement" or "thrill" you experience when items purchased, pre-ordered, and/or "PARCEL ARRIVES upon your doorstep

No comments:

A Quote, Mantra, or Words of Wisdom to share?

Depressed 2 Impress