Thursday

WORLD AIDS DAY



20111201-144501.jpg

How perfect to be seeing our HIV/AIDS Doc for our quarterly check up. It is not a full waiting room unlike years past where one would have to take a number and wait to be called. I recall the day I was basically forced by my dermatologist to get an HIV test before he would treat me. Even though he had treated me twice before. The difference was this "GAY CANCER" now known to the world as AIDS. My Dr knew I was gay and the look of fear on his face telling me to go to the Oklahoma Blood institute to be tested for HIV. I also remember how cocky and young bullet proofed attitude I served him, his nurse, his staff as I left in a huff. Three days later with David along for the ride and to be tested walked into the OKC Blood Inst and stood IN A LINE. Seeing two very close friends since past ( Timmy-Aimee, Wayne -Sasha) leaving just as we took our place in line. Now my armor of youth is showings signs of stress... To be continued

No comments:

A Quote, Mantra, or Words of Wisdom to share?

Depressed 2 Impress